Hi, I'm ABBY!
I am a Doctor of Chinese Medicine, acupuncturist, herbalist, yoga teacher, meditator, gardener, local food advocate, cook and artist. My classes and acupuncture practice are where my skills and interests come together in service of the health and healing of my students and patients. I treat a wide variety of ailments, including, but not limited to, women’s health, auto-immune conditions, digestive issues, orthopedic injuries, and pain management. Our time together is a collaboration. I meet my patients and students where they are on their health journey, and through acupuncture, herbs, food and lifestyle recommendations, I extend an invitation to each of them to harmonize and heal their whole selves.
I have developed, through my own life practice, a deep belief in the medicinal power of rest. Hence, a central focus of my work has been the teaching of restorative yoga.
By focusing on nourishment, restoration, stillness, and ecologically harmonious living, I believe we can unlock levels of well-being previously unknown, which support ethical ecological consumption and lead to states of freedom and genuine peacefulness.
One of my main passions and specialty is women’s health. I believe a healthy menstrual cycle is the foundation of a woman’s overall harmony. An increasing number of women suffer from menstrual dysfunction or face infertility challenges. Chinese medicine facilitates treatment of these challenges with remarkable success. Whether you want freedom from monthly pain and suffering, are looking to conceive, are seeking hormonal balance, or simply want to optimize your health, I can help you naturally harmonize your body and honor this sacred gift.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM) from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Master’s of Science (MSTOM) from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- New York State Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- California State Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (Dipl.OM) certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience and Jungian psychology from New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- 500-hr Yoga Alliance and Advanced Restorative Yoga teacher
- Internship at NYU Lutheran hospital in the Labor and Delivery unit
- Apprenticeship with Japanese Acupuncture, Kiiko style specialist, Christine Aziz, L.Ac.