- This event has passed.
Restorative Teacher Training Level 1
May 13 - May 15$540
- Friday May 13th, 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM EST
- Saturday May 14th, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM, 2:30 – 6:00 PM EST
- Sunday May 15th, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM, 2:30 – 6:00 PM EST
Join us for the training IN PERSON at the SKY TING Chinatown Studio (17 Allen St, Floor 7) or VIRTUALLY via Zoom
Early Bird – $540 by April 15
Regular Price $648 after April 15
Apply this accessibility discount code at checkout for $108 off: INVESTINREST
SKY TING is pleased to bring back Abby Paloma’s Restorative Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training this Spring with the option to be in person or learn on Zoom! More and more students are taking an interest in Restorative Yoga, a healing practice for stressful times. Abby Paloma has skillfully trained hundreds of teachers in the art of Restorative Yoga, and with the added expertise of Jessica Caplan, this training will be an in-depth exploration of the tools and techniques of this practice.
Restorative Yoga offers therapeutic tools to balance the nervous system in order to truly rest and replenish energy. States of deep mind and body relaxation are made more accessible through the architecture of restorative poses. Health benefits of a consistent restorative practice include lowered blood pressure and blood sugar levels, reduced insomnia, balanced menstruation, improved digestion, and increased fertility.
This training is open to yoga teachers, health practitioners, and dedicated students. After this training you will be able to skillfully offer your students and private clients a potent and medicinal practice of relaxation. You will be equipped with knowledge of how to incorporate restorative poses into your own practice and your regular asana classes. Restorative Yoga is a gift for yourself. Teaching restorative yoga is a gift for your students. When people partake in this peaceful practice, the whole world stands to benefit.
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES
- The architecture of restorative backbends, forward bends, therapeutic poses, and poses for pregnancy.
- The energetic and physical alignment in the poses.
- How to guide students into states of deep relaxation.
- Teachings about the human nervous system (sympathetic and parasympathetic) and subtle body systems.
- How to structure a Restorative Yoga class, hands-on adjustments, and the role of music/sound.
- Proper, activated breathing patterns and healthy vagal nerve tone.
- A sound bath with Jessica Caplan.